Tuesday 25 April 2017

Weekly progress: Big Sons of Horus Batch doooone, Sons of Sek tank

Nothing like chopping a load of work from your unpainted army. These 30+ guys were a 'delight' to get through.


I am pretty chuffed with how these guys all came out, they took an age to get through, but the results are definitely worth it.

So I had a look and I started these back on the 18th March, and finished around the 12th April. Now I'm not able to commit masses of time to painting really, and could only average about 2 hours a day. So around 50+ hours to get this lot finished.

Base colours


Metals and first wash on



Blending applied.



Blacks and fleshes


Dirty Gold



 Some detail


Bases and finished

Moritat


Apothecaries


 Herald


Siege Breaker


Sergeant/Delagatus


Tacticals (with potential)





Tactical Support Squad


Seeker squad


The army thus far





So these are now ready to be used aplenty.

I then went and spent a ridiculously short amount of time painting and weathering this Sons of Sek Leman Russ tank, that had been purchased last year and never really touched. 




Great way to break up your endless hordes of troops and keep your sanity, a nice easy win :)

After that, I'll move onto some scenery and then get back to some good old conversions.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome progress! I particularly like the moritat and the banner man! :D

    ReplyDelete