Wednesday 8 April 2020

Catch-up-alanche! Daemons

(Yes, I frankensteined the phrase together). As I have been fairly lax in updating this, its time to speed through what I've been up to. So expect a few of these ! First up, pink butts.
Started on a 30k Daemons army! Gotta love some of those models and if 40k comes back to a good place it will serve me well. 




Wanted a hybrid look to them, Chaos goodness being undivided as it was at the time, there was seemingly less segregation between the big 4, so less Red/Pink/Blue/Green racism basically.

These guys will all be Slaanesh Daemons with some Khornate features (my favourite two Chaos gods). Plus it means I get to use Samus!

Ridiculously cheap compared to some of the FW stuff. 

I also managed to get my hands on a start collecting set, and made a load of cavalry, not immediately my favourite unit choice, but still pretty decent padding and fast moving as well.

Then so that I could stretch the thin budget, I converted an old Helbrute model and some bits into this Daemon thing. 

For Daemons he'll likely count as a behemoth daemon (the 10 wound one) and for Word Bearers a Mhara'ghal dreadnought too!

Finally, the completed scheme on one of the Beasts. I'm intending to have less purple on the rest of the finished items, and the black graduation will be more pronounced too.

Batch painted a load of these guys for a big game and they were pretty devastating tbh.  Run the Chaos undivided Dominion, with basic shred+rending upgrades on most daemons. 

Also bought a box of the Undead Corpse Counts flyers, as a cheap way to get some wings! Got some old Daemon heads and will be converting them further (more sexy obvs)

As it stands, these guys will act as a bit of a support force, as the playstyle is really simple, but fairly boring because of that for me and the opponent. (i.e. drop in peoples faces, charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment