Sunday 23 December 2018

Salt Weathering gone wrong

Eeesh, this doesn't look good...


My little 'Bug' Arvus Lighter conversion got a little bit wrecked today...


So, I wanted this guy to look as old, and battered as possible so I did the standard thing I do when doing a lot of weathering. Salt+hairspray.

I've done this before with good effects (if I do say so myself)

 And i've tested the process enough...



  To death... 




 And sometimes too far...

So why did I do things differently this time?

Rust colours on - check
Hairspray on - check
Salt On - check
Basecoated silver - check


Then (I think the step I should have skipped) I primed the model. I read that this protects the basecoat well enough that when you use the hot water, you don't risk losing all the basecoat as well...

Well this is it now, will have to rescue it somehow (i.e. lots more weathering!)






No comments:

Post a Comment