Tuesday 15 January 2019

Weekly Progress: Necromunda Chaos Spawn, Magnetised Goliaths, Cult bodies and a minor Heresy drop

Whew, long title, long few weeks. Have been getting heavy into Necromunda Underhive, and in the last three weeks have probably played 6-8 games, so I needed to jump but back in the painting seat to get stuff closed off. First up, this little pet.
My Cult call him their Son, Pelo Petay, and he's a keeper.



This was a fairly easy build as I had some leftover bits from my last spawn's which I'd made. The chest and the arms were padded with some greenstuff to give the impression of simian-like motion. the 'foot' was the underhive Horror/sewer monster that came in the kit. I couldn't take it seriously without seeing
A) Futurama sewer mutants
B) The Day of the tentacle
C) the beautifully unmarked skin of something that basically lives in acidic goo?
So I had to mix him up, I added a couple of colour variations, used a fair amount of drybrushing for texture, and a few washes and purples.

I even tried a little bit of faint mottling/skin markings.

Regardless, this beauty really needs some tweaking rules wise. This one has rubbish stats, but still can only be taken out of action by rolling the equivalent of a 6 to wound (i.e. out of action).

He also doesn't run away if he gets shot dead (we still rolled on serious injuries however), as he only technically disappears if he's not dead in the game, and you then fail to restrain him. Nice way to tie up some faces.
Next up is my new Goliath Ganger, and new Chaos Cult champion.

I always wanted the Cults to have an eclectic mix from across the hive, and I really wanted to use the 2 handed axe for the Goliath (+2 strength and 2 damage) as its pretty cheap and themey, this therefore seemed like a good idea. First campaign buffs he'll be getting will be to up him to his actual Goliath Statline, which should take a good bunch of XP as Strength and Toughness are right at the top end of the advancements table!

Shame about my brush control over fleshy areas...lets assume I was rushing...

The paint scheme is the standard Goliath one, with the concession of the Cults spot colour (the Jade blue) on his facemask as a tie in.

His arms aren't glued, so he can use some of the newly magnetised Goliaths I've been hacking together.

Speaking of which, never lose your scalpel! I needed to get these guys done, but wish I'd thought of things slightly earlier, as there were a number of issues in using a rubbish craft knife.

Generally however, I like how these look. The majority of the joins will be hidden under all of the shoulder-pads that I WILL be adding, honest. The heads I've left off until the new Goliath sets I ordered have arrived, where I may even magnetise a couple too, so that I can switch the Gang on the fly.

Speaking of which, I got this in the mail, on the day that I received the wrong set for pre-order.

Good old GW/FW people, this genuinely made my day. If they had supplied an envelope I may have posted them back.
May still do that for some self-karma, I have the box and everything...

As well as the Goliath reinforcement I also came up lucky in some campaign rolls, and managed to reinforce my gang with 2 Helot cultists with bolters. This gun is the nuts, and I was only too happy to ensure my guys were reinforced. Both of these obviously look better in person, but sadly my hyper advanced phone must have moved some of my careful brush strokes to look like I may have rushed them slightly,


I also painted one of the 2 familiars in the gang with a fair amount of washes and drybrushes. It'll break off that base when I drop it, guaranteed!

I committed to safe transport, so see here all my Necromunda people assembled together.

Which means I can also remember some of their attachments too!

Finally, because I can't let such a big investment go forgotten, I also painted up a drop-pod for my languishing Word Bearers force.

Simple, utilitarian, minimal washes and next to no internal attention given detail.


No comments:

Post a Comment